CST Group Chartered Consulting Engineers was established in 2006 as an independent consultancy based in the North West.
Francis Fidgeon BE (Hons) CEng MIEI
Francis Fidgeon is a Chartered Engineer with over 25 years design experience. Prior to establishing CST Group Francis worked for more than 10 years with Punch Consulting managing their Sligo office. Francis has also worked with Wexford County Council and as Assistant Borough Engineer with Wexford Borough Council. In the boom years with high traffic growth traffic assessments became an important part of development and he has found himself immersed in providing traffic solutions. Furthermore, before they became mandatory here, Francis has been conducting Road Safety Audits and is an RSA Team Leader since 2004. Francis is continually proving himself as an excellent leader and an extremely competent and innovative engineer.
Some Key Projects
- Employer’s Representative on the N16 Realignment Phase 2, Glenfarne, Co Leitrim
- Road and junction design for ’Barack Obama’ M7 Motorway Stop, Moneygall, Co Offaly
- Traffic and Transport Assessment for the proposed relocation of the National Forensic Mental Health Hospital to a site at Portrane, Co. Dublin
- New 4-Lane Link Road, Athlone, Co Westmeath
- Western Distributor Road (Phase 1), Sligo
- Distributor Road, Mungret College, Mungret, Co Limerick
- Traffic Study, N21, Newcastlewest, Co Limerick
Stuart Summerfield HNC (Civil) MCIHT FSoRSA
Stuart Summerfield has over 25 years experience in civil engineering. Prior to establishing CST Group Stuart worked as Senior Engineer with Punch Consulting for 5 years. Originally from England, Stuart worked for both private practice and local authority before relocating to Ireland in 2001. Since then Stuart has been lead Engineer on major road, urban renewal and traffic calming schemes, and involved in the civil engineering aspect of both small and large building projects. He has a keen interest in Road Safety and being a trained Road Safety Audit Team Leader for a number of years he is applying his expertise to Accident Investigation. Stuart is the Society of Road Safety Auditors (SoRSA) Regional Representative for the Republic and Northern Ireland.
Engineers have increasingly become involved with sports facilities such as running tracks and pitches. Stuart has gained valuable experience in synthetic and natural grasses on varying poor ground.
Some Key Projects
- M1 Junction 15 road/drainage design, serving Howdens Joinery National Distribution Centre, Northampton, UK
- Grey Water Harvesting and Watermain Upgrade Project, Institute of Technology Sligo
- Toberbride Business Park, Collooney, Co Sligo
- Alterations to N6 for Major Retail Park, Ballinasloe, Co. Galway
- Forthill Park, Sligo
- Kilfinane Urban Renewal, Co Limerick
- Sand carpet and astro turf pitch design, Oughterard, Co Galway
- Athletics Track and In-field Pitch, Sligo Institute of Technology
Cathal O’Connell BEng (Hons) MSc CEng MIEI
Cathal O’Connell is a Chartered Engineer with over 20 years experience in the industry. Cathal heads up the structural department of CST Group. He has worked on a wide range of projects, ranging in value from €500k to €30m. Cathal spent 5 years specialising in Structural Glass and more recently, when land costs became a significant proportion of development, has been involved in Deep Basements and associated challenging Sub-structure Design. Cathal is a recognised team player within the industry.
Some Key Projects
- Refurbishment of the former Innisfree Hotel, 44/45 High St, Sligo
- New Pavillion & Welcome Facilities at Sligo Racecourse
- Extension/Refurbishment of Ashford House Nursing Home, Dun Laoghaire, Co Dublin
- Upgrade Works at Pulse Logistics, Longford
- Relocation and upgrading of Server Farm, Institute of Technology Sligo
- Extension to Coola Post Primary School, Riverstown, Co Sligo
- Eden Bay Commercial/Apartment Development, Bundoran, Co Donegal
- Astro-turf Pitch, Manorhamilton, Co Leitrim
- Quayside and Johnston Court Shopping Centres, Sligo town
- Manorhamilton Courthouse, Co Leitrim
- The Dock, Carrick-on-Shannon, Co Leitrim